Survey Office CAD Technician:
This is an excellent full-time opportunity for a motivated Survey/Cad Technician interested in a rewarding career in land surveying! This position assists the Professional Land Surveyor by preparing deliverables including but not limited to: Boundary Surveys, Topographic Surveys, ALTA Surveys, ROW Surveys, Parcel Plats, Subdivision Plats, Control Surveys, Legal Descriptions and Exhibits. The successful candidate will possess the ability to prepare survey drawings and understand and perform such survey computations as necessary to prepare, review and process data to and from field crews. Candidate will provide quality control of drawings prepared by the candidate other similar drawings prepared by others as assigned. This position is an office position but may require occasional field work as instrument person/field chief.
- Research property information and interpret maps & deeds necessary for preparing accurate property descriptions and exhibits
- Prepare various field packages necessary for field crews assignments
- Reduce data from field information and prepare assigned mapping products
- Perform staking calculations as directed
- Prepare Records of Surveys, ALTA surveys and topographic exhibits using CAD software
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Associate's Degree in Surveying preferred
- Survey drafting experience required with strong technical knowledge of Civil 3D
- Must be experienced in controlling the function of surveying instruments and survey data collectors. Carlson SurvCE, Topcon and TDS a plus.
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of land descriptions, boundary calculations, reading construction plans and performing survey calculations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sources of measurement errors and have thorough knowledge to perform analysis of survey data to ensure completeness, accuracy and precision
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel are highly desired.
- Possess good interpersonal skills, and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, manage time effectively and work effectively on a team.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to meet company insurability guidelines required.
To apply for this position submit a detailed resume including references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Civil Engineer - Licensed in the State of Washington or able to get license within 90 days
Northwestern Territories, Inc. (NTI) has an exciting opportunity for a Civil Engineer licensed in Washington State or the ability to obtain Washington license within 90 days. We are an established Engineering & Land Surveying firm in Port Angeles, WA offering a comprehensive range of services on the beautiful North Olympic Peninsula. Our community was recently voted # 2 small town in America and is a gateway to the Olympic Mountains, Olympic National Park, Pacific Beaches and Victoria, British Columbia by ferry (www.olympicpeninsula.org). Major areas of Professional Engineering work at NTI would include land use and/or site development design while adhering to agency professional engineering standards. The successful candidate must possess the ability to: respond to questions and inquiries from the general public, contractors, consultants, engineering professionals, and agency staff regarding engineering information related to area of assignment.
- Preparing original Engineering documents ensuring the work quality of others by instructing EIT’s, drafters and technicians on a daily basis to produce high quality designs, efficiently and timely.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to a small team of Project Engineers
- Analyze maps, reports, drawings, as-built and test results for design projects.
- Prepare and develop engineering design calculations and digital models.
- Develop and review project scopes of work, fees and budgets.
- Develop project reports, technical memorandums, plan specifications and estimates.
- Calculate dimensions and material quantities.
- Be a “Point Person” to represent clients before approval bodies such as City Council, Planning Commissions or County Commissioners.
- Candidate MUST be a US Citizen with preference given to military veterans.
- BS Degree in Civil, Mechanical or Environmental Engineering with 5+ years as a Licensed Professional Civil Engineer with applicable experience.
- Strong communication skills with public presentation experience.
- Working knowledge of Civil3D, Word, and Excel.
- Analyze Project design, costs, and subcontractor input to provide comparisons, cost savings, value engineering options, and other recommendations.
- Develop and review subcontractor scopes of work based on each Project and desired outcome.
- Ability to make presentations to groups such as City Council and Planning Commission including preparation of necessary maps and visual aids.
- NTI is a small community with limited outside resources. Everyone is called upon to “wear many hats” and to perform many tasks in order to benefit the whole. Engineers may be asked to draft, answer the phone or even assist a Survey Crew in the field.
At Northwestern Territories, Inc., we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, training and development opportunities and much more. We are enthusiastic, professional, empowering, and open to new people working their way up quickly. Our projects are varied, and our team-oriented work environment is alive and enjoyable. Our compensation program recognizes and rewards employees for their hard work. If this is a position you would like to pursue, please submit your resume for consideration. Don't miss this opportunity to join a growing company made up of dynamic individuals!
Submit a detailed resume including references to email@example.com